Woodworking Auction Tips
for Buying Power Tools with Confidence
These Woodworking Auction Tips guide your buying experience.
you complete your purchase, make sure you know precisely what you are buying, research your seller, and comprehend how eBay and PayPal protect you.
Woodworking Auction - Know your purchase
Carefully read the details in used woodworking power tools listings.
- Add delivery costs into your final price. If you spend a lot of money, verify the seller will insure the equipment when it ships. Confirm with Seller S&H cost to a different country than seller.
- If you want more information, ask by clicking the Ask seller a question link under the seller's profile. Get as many pictures and answers as necessary to make an informed purchase.
- It is a good idea to complete your transaction on eBay (with a bid, Buy It Now, or Best Offer). EBay protection programs do not cover transactions conducted outside of eBay.
- Never pay for your eBay equipment using instant cash wire transfer services through Western Union or MoneyGram. These types of payments are unsafe when paying someone you do not know.
Woodworking Auction - Know your seller
Research your seller so you feel optimistic and safe about every transaction.
- What is the seller's Feedback rating? How many transactions have they completed? What percentage of positive responses do they have?
- What do buyers say in their Feedback? Did the seller receive praise?
- Most top eBay sellers work like retail stores and have return policies. Do they offer a money-back guarantee? What are the provisions and conditions?
Woodworking Auction - Buyer protection
In the improbable event that trouble arises during your transaction, eBay and PayPal are there for you.
- Pay safely with PayPal: PayPal allows you to pay without the seller ever seeing your bank account or credit card numbers. In fact, PayPal protects buyers 100% against illegal payments from their accounts. In addition, with PayPal Buyer Protection, they cover you up to $1,000.
- eBay Security & Resolution Center: Visit the Security & Resolution Center to learn how to protect your account and use eBay's quick and efficient resolution tools. You can dispute a misrepresented transaction, but you must do it within a specified timeframe.
Good luck as you purchase quality power woodworking tools at a great price!