Home Woodworking Projects
By: Warren de Swardt - Winklespruit, South Africa
Home woodworking projects with what he refers to as his Grandpa Tools (tools that don't require too much physical effort, such as a power screwdriver, router, etc.), Warren de Swardt has completed DIY woodworking projects that would be the envy of even some of the most proficient woodworkers.
Warren lives in the small coastal town of Winklespruit (literally translated 'periwinkle stream'), 20 miles south of the city of Durban, in the province of Kwa-Zulu Natal on the East coast of South Africa. He has a great love for the sub-tropical climate the hot, humid summers and beautifully cool, dry winters - that is endemic to this area.
Apart from his day job as tax consultant (he is also a father of two) Warren has built quite a lot of his own furniture and cabinetry as well as woodworking projects for family and friends. Always on the lookout for a new challenge or a beautiful design, he has a garage filled with tools and the products of his hobby.
You can immediately tell from his workmanship that Warren has a great love for working with wood. Studious and curious by nature, Warren has also accumulated a wealth of knowledge about timber: from the scientific composition of trees to the restoration of furniture that others have thrown out as junk. In fact, most of the projects you see below were built using wood stripped from crates at a nearby Volvo truck assembly plant.
His wife, Jenny, helps with the finishing as well as restoring furniture, making these DIY woodworking projects a family affair.
Like Warren and Jenny, you too can build great woodworking projects like these and without all the fancy tools! Any woodworker with common sense can build quality, simple woodworking projects.
Here is a short list of some of their projects.
1. DIY woodworking gives you Douglas fir cheval mirror and dressing table with oval mirrors. Look at the talent and expertise of each piece.
2. A true craftsman building home woodworking projects. This is nice bedroom suite without a lot of fancy tools or wood! Douglas fir headboard, bedside cabinets and Scotch chest. The Scotch chests drawer sides are made from Cyprus and the drawer bottoms from Cedar wood.
3. Simple woodworking projects brings you a Douglas fir farm kitchen and wall panelling.
4. DIY woodworking gives you a walk-in pantry and kitchen cabinets made of Baltic fir reclaimed from crates.
5. TV stand/cabinet made from Douglas fir and Douglas fir ceiling boards. This is stylish for DIY woodworking.
6. Headboard, bedside chests and cheval mirror made for a friend from locally grown Cyprus. Home woodworking projects at their finest!
If you would like more detailed information, send me an email with "Home Woodworking Projects" in the Information Request Block, and send through this website by Contact Jim. Warren and Jenny will try to respond within a few days. Warren
Hope You Enjoy These Home Woodworking Projects!
Provenwoodworking.com is a featured website on Optimum Directory under Hobbies. Optimum Directory brings you the top websites - fresh 365 days a year.
Questions or Suggestions? Send them to me!
Return to Top | Home |
Best Place to Buy | Woodworking Jigs | Woodworking Plans | Wordworking Router | Patterns & Templates |
Machinery & Equipment | Table Saw Safety | Woodworking Shop | Woodworking Supplies | Woodworking Hand Tools |
Woodworking Finishing | Woodworking Joints | Project Gallery | Woodworking Ideas | Woodworking Truth |
Beginner's Guide | Woodworking Tradeshow | Your Projects | Buy - Sell Equipment |
Copyright © 2007 - 2010 - ProvenWoodworking.com - All Rights Reserved
No Reproduction Permitted without Permission.